Game elements are primarily characters and standard objects, but other “additional game elements” exist and may be added to your force.
There are five kinds of additional game elements that exist in modern HeroClix.
- ID Cards allow you to “call in help” temporarily from characters on your Sideline.
- Special Objects are objects that exist on the map that have special effects.
- Equipment add special effects to a character by equipping an object (or even a character) to them.
- Resources are a type of powerful item or group of items that are off the map but may be assigned to characters or your entire force to add special effects.
- Special Terrain is a type of terrain that can permanently overlay and replace terrain on the map and has special effects.
Equipment is a subset of special objects and is the most commonly encountered additional game element. See the Comprehensive Rules for details on the others.